Batte for Azeroth. Some news for Pet Battles
April 26 2018
The developers have published an overview of novelties for the battles of pets, which will soon appear on beta Battle for Azeroth. In short
Details and details you will find in the full message from the developers.
We’re currently hard at work implementing Battle for Azeroth’s pet battle content, and we’d like to start talking about some of the changes you’ll be seeing in the Beta.
Pet Battle World Quests will soon begin showing up on both of the new continents. Similar to Legion, they will count towards your zone’s emissary, but this time around, the level of the pets opposing you will scale to the highest level pet on your team. This will allow a player with a team of only level 1 pets to take on the World Quest and get some battle pet experience. Please give them a shot with pets of all levels, and let us know how that goes for you.
We will be introducing a new currency in Battle for Azeroth that can be used to purchase a variety of things, so there’s no need to hold on to those Pet Charms that are burning a hole in your pocket.
Several new pet battle mechanics are coming to Battle for Azeroth. Some of these will appear on enemy pets, and some on yours. A few examples include:
- A powerful spell that summons a random Weather effect
- Several additions to suite of Heals that will have increased effects based on your pet’s health
- Aura effects that heal your pet (or damage the enemy pet) based on the last hit dealt
In addition to new pets and abilities, we’re making a few targeted changes to a few pets and abilities that are seen frequently:
- Bone Serpent: swapped positions of Call Darkness and Lift Off
- Crow and Gilnean Raven: -200 power, +200 speed
- Cyclone: damage changed from 7 to 3-7
- Haunt: returns the pet at 50% health when sacrificed instead of 100%.
- Teroclaw Hatchling: Dodge and Nature’s Ward now occupy the same tier (as do Hawk Eye and Ravage).
Please feel free to let us know how the changes play for you.